Thursday, January 1, 2009

Welcome 2009

I'd like to say that I stayed up and welcomed the new year like most people do but I was in bed sound asleep by 11pm. However, Connor woke up at 11:55 pm to use the potty, wet his pj's some and I had to get up and change him, and help him back into bed. At this point the neighborhood was already lighting off fireworks and causing all kinds of chaos. Believe it or not but Connor fell back asleep before midnight and my hubby slept through the entire thing. Sometimes I wonder how my hubby can sleep through such noise. One of the fireworks sounded like a bomb going off and jiggled the house some! Must be nice to be a deep sleeper.

Connor's been potty trained, if you can call it that, for a couple of months now. The frustrating thing is that just about every time he goes he either pees in his underwear and pants, or pees on the floor. When I go in and supervise everything goes smoothly and there are no accidents. Leave him alone to potty and he always comes back wet. I don't know what is going on in there but I'm going to have to start going with him every time. He really wants privacy and I believe in letting him figure things out on his own but I'm beyond sick of cleaning piss off of everything. Today he was farting and pushed out more than a fart. Luckily Tom discovered that mess and he got to clean it up. I think I would have been to mad to deal with it. It's so hard to stay positive and understanding when he's constantly making accidents. I can't wait for him to figure this out.

Today is the first day of the year and I already screwed up my diet. I wasn't thinking today and ate waffles with the family. I was only going to eat "normal" food on the weekends and stick to my cereal for breakfast during the week. I should walk today but since it's Thurs I will post pone till Monday since I don't want to walk one day and have 2 off. Diets are always better when they start on a Monday, right?! I will watch what I eat the rest of the day.

UPS finally made it to our house yesterday. We were supposed to get all these packages before Xmas but thanks to the biggest snow and ice storm since the '50's UPS, and Fex Ex didn't deliver. I can't understand what took them so long to get here since the snow melted last Saturday. I'm extremely disappointed in both carriers, after all the US mail mushed out in the snow and ice and delivered, why couldn't they?!

The cool thing was that we got 3 packages and they were addressed to each of us. It was nice for everyone to have a box to open. I got my ham that was supposed to be delivered on the 23rd. I opened the box and could smell the ham rotting. Honeybaked ham was awesome to deal with and I should receive a new ham on Wed. I'm thankful they were easy going about it cause I would have fought my way to the president if I had to! I've never had a honeybaked ham and can't wait for Wed or Thursday to eat it!!

Tom got his speaker mounts for his stereo system upstairs. He hasn't been able to hook up the rear speakers because we needed the mounts and the front speakers have been sitting around. One has been next to the fish tank and Fish has been none to pleased with the extra sound waves. I look forward to having all the speakers up and hopefully we'll watch a movie this afternoon.

Connor won the prize for coolest gift. He got a Home Depot tool box from my cousins Denise and Linda. He's in love with it. His old tool sets were pretty immature but this one came with all the big boy tools. He's got angles, levels, a vice grip, hammer, a real like power drill and it all comes in a cool handy tool box. He thinks he's somebody now.

So far the new year is a good one. I've got black eyed peas cooking in the crockpot for dinner. Eating these on Jan. 1 is supposed to bring good luck and prosperity. I need a little of both so I hope this brings us good luck.

Oh, and I'm proud of myself. I already wished all my face book friends Happy New Year. I plan on calling a couple of them today to see how they are doing. I'm already a little nervous about that and I hope that I can actually make my calls.

No comments: