I am a prisoner to having to watch shit on tv. Here is my dilemma, during they day my son only wants to watch cartoons, and in the evening my hubby wants to watch what he finds interesting. That leaves me yearning for shows that make me feel good. I do record some shows that I like but when do I find time to watch them? Now a days I can sneak in a 30 minute show while Connor plays on his computer but anything longer than that is miserable for me.
I knew becoming a mom would mean a lot of scarifices for me. I knew that I'd have lack of communications with other adults and would have a much rougher life than if I had continued to work and not have kids. I never realized that I would have to give up a lot of tv. I love sitcoms, shows that make you laugh, and more than anything reality shows. Connor has classified anything with adults in it as the news. My hubby is a sci-fi, do it yourself sort of tv watcher. Don't get me wrong I enjoy those shows too but after awhile I yearn for stuff I like.
Here is where my biggest dilemma comes into play. Connor talks through everything I enjoy so I end up missed 85% of what is going on. This is extremely difficult when it's a reality show. Hubby only wants to watch what he likes and if he doesn't like it he either gets up and uses his computer or fiddles with his phone through what I like. I've become rather bitchy over tv lately. I end up watching shows I dislike or bore me.
I have choices though. I could get up and go to the bedroom to watch what I want. Then I have to sit in a cold room and risk falling asleep. Also there is no DVR in there so if I miss something that's it there's no going back. I could get up and use my computer too. I've resorted to that a few times. I used to get grief for leaving but I've found that if I stay in the same room I can avoid some of the grief. However, I don't think I would survive the grief if I got up and went to another room. Part of making sure our son is in bed early is for us to have some time together. I also could just force hubby to watch what I like and risk having to sit all alone and watch it by myself.
Recently, my hubby has been working on a project in the evening and it's allowing me about an hour to watch what I want or do what I want. I've caught up on some shows but still feel extremely lonely. I wonder if this is just the way it's going to be for the rest of my life of if things will ever change. If this is my biggest problem in life then I'm pretty lucky. Things could really be a lot worse. I just hope that someday I can find happiness in tv again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment