Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Chuck E Cheese

We put in a long night last night. Connor refused to take a nap yesterday and was really tired in the evening so we put him to bed at 7. He didn't fall asleep till nearly 8 because Tom didn't sing "Twinkle, Twinkle" to him. Finally Tom went in and sang and Connor went right to sleep. Then at 3am he starts calling out for Daddy. Nothing was wrong so he went back to sleep. The cat started meowing shortly afterward and then started scratching on the carpet. I thought for sure the cat was locked in Connor's room. So I peek in and no cat. He was just chilling on the stairs. It took me forever to go back to sleep. Then Connor woke up at 6:30 complaining that his tummy hurt. I gave him some gas drops but he was ready to get up for the day. I'm guessing he didn't really have a hurt tummy.

He also was talking about a dream I'm guessing he had. From what I can understand from him there was a beanstalk outside his window. It was chopped down and it crashed onto a juice box and it squirted right into the lions mouth. Quite an imagination already! He's been talking about it a lot today so I'm thinking it was a dream.

Today we went to Chuck E Cheese (CEC) to celebrate a friends birthday. We had a really good time. I can't believe how crazy I am when it comes to getting those darn tickets. Good thing I don't go crazy buying coins but I sure am competitive on the games I like to play. One of my favorites is skee ball but it's to hard for Connor and I'm constantly in fear that he's going to hurt someone with those balls. I did awesome and even got one ball in the 100,000 slot! Go me! Connor had a great time riding the rides that don't give you tickets. Go figure. I know he had a great time and when we turned in our tickets we got a ball and 3 suckers.

Connor is down for his nap right now. Afterwards we are going to attempt to wash my car. Last week we took it to the beach and drove on the sand. On they way back we hit tons of bugs so the front of my car is looking rather dirty. Connor's job is to wash the wheels. It's scary to trust him with a brush and my car but it's something I have to do. It teaches him responsibility, and it gives him something to do. I'm finding that just having him help me while I do chores is great. Sure I have to sometimes go back behind him and finish up things or help him. Now that he's getting older (omg.. almost 3 already) he's getting a lot better at what he can accomplish.

No comments: